The University in St. Gallen, Switzerland has come out with a study that compares traders with psychopaths. The surprising result was that not only do traders act like psychos, they’re worse. The “normal people” were 27 traders. Stock guys, FX/commodities traders and derivative types. Even the experts were surprised by the result. The performance of the 27 dealers is even worse than the psychopaths. It’s worth looking at what a textbook definition of a psycho actually is.
1. Considerable superficial charm, verbal facility and average or above average intelligence.
2. Unreliability, disregard for obligations, no sense of responsibility.
3. Untruthfulness and insincerity.
4. Inexplicable impulsiveness.
5. Antisocial behavior.
6. Poor judgment and failure to learn from experience.
7. Total self-centeredness.
8. General poverty of deep and lasting emotions.
9. Lack of any true insight, inability to see oneself as others do.
10. Fantastic and objectionable behavior, after drinking and sometimes even when not drinking--vulgarity, rudeness, quick mood shifts, pranks.
11. An impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated sex life.
(Source: http://brucekrasting.blogspot.com/ September 26, 2011)