Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bruce Krusting's "US Treasury - Deep Thinking?"

I was down in Washington on a business trip. That ended at four and I headed for a bar. I found a spot between Pennsylvania and Kentucky Avenues. Nice place. Two barkeeps, me and another guy who looked like he had been drinking gin for the past few hours. Quiet, just the way I like it.

Sure enough, at five the place fills up. It’s a young crowd. Good looking. Well dressed. This looked like an Ivy League group. I was thinking that they could be DOJ, possibly IRS (they looked too happy, but who knows). They could have been Treasury folks; the headquarters is not far off. Anyway, they had two drinks gossiped for and hour and left. I stayed.

At one point I happened to look under the now empty stool next to me. Some folded up papers. Being the nosey S.O.B. that I am, I picked them up and took a look. Bingo!

I am just guessing, but these initials could stand for Geithner, Volker, Summers, Goolsbee and Romer. Of course they could stand for anything. I will leave it to you to draw any conclusions that might be appropriate after a look at this. Judging from the notes that were taken, this must have been an interesting meeting. I am using the Scribd format so you can enlarge this. Enjoy!

Found Memo


If you haven’t as yet, take a look at the ‘labels for this post’. Life is a comedy. We’re all a part of it.
(from Bruce Krasting's blog, December 21, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment